Friday, December 4, 2009

this poor provincial town

Yesterday I walked to Trévoux's tourist office (I am still puzzled as to its existence) to get the new schedule for my bus. The hours changed this week and despite every bus driver's insistence that it didn't matter that they had run out of schedules to hand out to people because it hadn't changed that much, I still found myself abandoned in the dark, cold, and rain at the half-way point between Lyon and Trévoux for two and a half hours on Monday. Never again! Luckily, the tourist office was able to help me out. The woman who worked there asked where I was from and I told her the United States. She immediately said to me, "Oh! Then you must be the English assistant at the high school!" See what I mean? I am quite literally the American in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment